HOMEBREWING GIFT GUIDE FOR THE HOLIDAYS
During the holidays, we receive the same question from those looking for a gift for the homebrewer in their life; What is a good gift? Well, this can be tricky depending on what equipment they already have and what their skill level is. Below we have four categories with some wonderful gift ideas and descriptions. Before we get to that, we have one question that may help your hunt for the perfect gift.
Does your Homebrewer brew extract, or all grain? If they use cans of syrup or they brew on the stove top, the answer is likely to be Extract.
- Equipment Kits – For those who haven’t fully taken the plunge into homebrewing but need that extra nudge. Our starter kit includes all the pieces necessary to make your first batch of homebrew with the exception of a brew kettle. Which leads us to…
- Brew Kettle – For beginners brewing extract, a 20 QT brew kettle works well. Anything larger will work perfectly and provide room to grow
- Premium Brew Kettles – For those looking to step up to All-grain, a larger kettle with a valve and thermometer built in is a high demand.
- Wort Chiller aka Immersion Chiller – This is a coil made out of copper that connects to a garden hose or laundry tub and pipes cold water through your brew after the boil in order to cool it faster.
- Bottle Capper – If your homebrewer is new to all this, they probably need a bottle capper.
- Bottle caps – Though most ingredient kits come with an ample supply of caps, we have over a dozen colors and styles to choose from and add personality to your homebrew. After all, variety is the spice of life.
- Carboy Handles and brew haulers – Carboys are awfully heavy when full, and slippery after a cleaning, so any method to assist carrying them is always welcome.
- Carboy dryer – this blue stand allows you to dry your carboy upside down without having to prop it awkwardly against something.
- Kegs – Is your brewer tired of bottling their beer? Kegging is the way to go and we have all the hardware to turn that extra fridge into a kegerator. Nothing beats draft beer!
- Extract Ingredient kits – We have a wide selection of ingredient kits for the extract brewer that come in nearly every style imaginable including two brand new IPA kits for that hophead in your life. Just ask for the Rye Session IPA or the Bearded Hopster Rice IPA!
- New Hops – We have recently started carrying some amazing new German varieties that your brewer may want to experiment with
- Vienna Liquid Malt Extract – This extract is brand new and has never been available to homebrewers before. Perfect for making wonderfully malt forward beers.
- Glassware – We have an assortment of cool, premium glassware for all different styles of beer. Check out our new Michigan Awesome Tulips!
- T-shirts – Need to brag that you make your own beer? Pick up one of our new Homebrewer long sleeve t-shirt or any of our many other apparel options.
- Mounted Bottle Openers – Keychain bottle openers are so last week. Every homebrewer needs a wall mounted bottle opener near their bar to show how classy they are.
- Classes – Need to learn how to make beer? Or are you curious about wine or mead? We have a class for that!
- Wine Kits – Is your homebrewer looking to expand their fermenting expertise? Consider making wine from our amazing selection of Winexpert 6 gallon kits. If wine isn’t their thing, why not try…
- Cider Kits – Cider is the hottest growing alcoholic beverage. Why not see what it’s all about with one of our Cider House Select ingredient kits?
- Cheese Kits – Few foods pair better with beer and wine like cheese. With our basic cheese making kit, you can make 8 fabulous varieties of cheese. Who doesn’t like cheese?
- Gift Cards – Can’t think of anything? We understand. It is difficult to know exactly what equipment of ingredients a brewer might want so we offer gift cards of any denomination.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WINEMAKER’S?
- Starter Kits – As with beer, we package a winemaking starter equipment kit for those interested in making their own wine.
- Degassing Wand – An extremely helpful tool, the degassing wand by the Michigan based company, Third Coast Design, makes degassing a breeze.
- Floor corker – This tool makes corking bottles easy. A wonderful gift for the winemaker looking to increase their production.
- Carboys, 6 gallon – Due to the potentially lengthy aging process, winemakers find it difficult to properly schedule and rotate their production without extra carboys. Always a welcome gift.
- Cider Kits – Our Cider House Select kits our made in nearly the exact same manner as our wine kits so it is comes natural for a winemaker to transition to cider. Check out our wide variety of flavors!